turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kramarao

Can I have my accountant fill in the taxes for me using my account? I filled in most, and I want to have it reviewed and possibly filled in a few entries.

I would like to use my online subscription, instead using the accountant's software as I have all the details here. I like to use the online subscription in the future as well.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I have my accountant fill in the taxes for me using my account? I filled in most, and I want to have it reviewed and possibly filled in a few entries.

It is violation of the Terms of Use for a paid tax preparer to use TT.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

If you choose to give your accountant access to your TurboTax account and user ID, that is your choice.  Do be aware that TurboTax is not licensed for use by paid preparers.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

It is violation of the Terms of Use for a paid tax preparer to use TT.

And the accountant should refuse to do that IF you are paying him for his time.
kramarao

Well, here the accountant is my brother-in-law. I am not paying him. He offered to review it.

I have a solution. I will print and have him review the printed copy. I suppose that is legal.

That is a horse of a different color.

You will need to pay your TurboTax fees before you can print.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
kramarao

I already paid the price for turbotax. I can print.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies