Solved: It is telling me my birthday is wrong and so the IRS rejected my tax return. but that is my correct birthday on the form i filled out

beastfromsouthea

It is telling me my birthday is wrong and so the IRS rejected my tax return. but that is my correct birthday on the form i filled out

ChristinaCLO

Please take a look at our FAQ on fixing a rejected return below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901491

If you verified that the information you entered into TurboTax exactly matches the Social Security card, and that the birth date is correct and has been entered in MM/DD/YYYY format, your next step is to call the Social Security Administration (SSA) at 1-800-772-1213 to verify that the SSA's records are correct. (The IRS gets their information from the SSA.) Correct SSA records will prevent the same rejection next year.

In the meantime, your best option is to file a paper return, as your return will continue to get rejected until the mismatch is fixed at the SSA, which can take at 4–6 weeks or even longer.

ChristinaCLO

katie_kat466

I went to 'personal information' on turbotax and saw my birthdate was wrong.  fixed it and return went through.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, so im getting the same error, how did you get to 'personal info' on turbo tax? did you just click on 'intuit account' at the bottom left when you signed in?

AkinaLO

If you need to update your personal/account information, please follow the instructions below. 

How do I update my TurboTax account information? - Community 

Tobylas

I have not been able to efile my taxes since 2013. My date of birth is correct with the SSA which was recently confirmed by my being issued a replacement social security card a month ago. It is the IRS who has individuals' dates of birth wrong. It appears to be a data entry error that the IRS is not bent on correcting.  I had to  mail in my taxes every year since 2013.

Clairv0yance

@Tobylas Im having the same issue. So unnecessary. Did you attempt to send proof to ssa while mailing your taxes? 
This happened to me last year and even though i sent proof and received a new social security card from them theyre still rejecting my taxes for the same problem this year. So im thinking i should just ignore that and file my taxes by mail? 

Tobylas

• Yes it makes perfect sense to just mail your taxes in.  You will receive your return in three weeks if you have direct deposit. I never tried to send documents to SSA because its practically impossible to do by mail. To prevent identity theft you have to do it in person.
Dad10

I had and i am still having same problem. Date is correct, but still being rejected. Went through the whole process to correct through SS and was told the correction should take place immediately, but it did not!  I am 90 years old and never had a problem with e-filing taxes until this year.  Finally just mailed them in and hoping this problem will be resolved by next year.  Good Luck to those dealing with this same issue. 

Chad32

PSA for anyone who needs help with this. Social Security said it would be fixed in one day but it wasn’t and my e file got rejected once again. I then waited and filed when I received my new card in the mail and it worked. Good luck!