HELP! The numbers I entered in the 1099-NEC section have changed. Entered one by one by myself. Showing worked for someone else in 2019. Can’t get anyone from INTUIT to help or understand the issue. There is a software issue and no one will tell me what to do. It can’t be just me. BE CAREFUL.
You can adjust the amounts for the 1099-NEC's entered on the federal input screens. In addition, after you input each 1099-NEC, you must answer all of the questions after the input screen so it flows through to your Schedule C. If it has not been assigned, TurboTax will give you an error message.
To edit amounts and assign your 1099-NEC's to a Schedule C, please follow the steps below:
- Open your return.
- Search for 1099-NEC with the magnifying glass tool at the top of the page.
- Click on the Jump to 1099-NEC link at the top of the search results.
- Click Edit next to your 1099-NEC.
- Edit amounts if necessary and click Continue.
- On the page titled Guess what? You can deduct expenses for the example work choose Yes, I have expenses to deduct.
- On the page titled Self-employed 1099-NEC Income select the Schedule C you are inputting this income for. If this is a new Schedule C for this year, you can add a new business on this screen.
You are missing my point. There is a software issue. Be Aware everyone. I entered it correctly and then the numbers changed. I have been trying since 1pm CST to get any type of help from TurboTax.
DO NOT FILE 1099-NEC numbers ON TURBOTAX. The software has a glitch. I’ve tried since 12:50pmnCST to get technical support. No one want to acknowledge software issue. You are submitting incorrect tax numbers. TurboTax, please help.