turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Star251
Returning Member

ISSUES with 1099-NEC

HELP!  The numbers I entered in the 1099-NEC section have changed.  Entered one by one by myself.  Showing worked for someone else in  2019.   Can’t get anyone from INTUIT to help or understand the issue.   There is a software issue and no one will tell me what to do.  It can’t be just me.   BE CAREFUL.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

ISSUES with 1099-NEC

You can adjust the amounts for the 1099-NEC's entered on the federal input screens. In addition, after you input each 1099-NEC, you must answer all of the questions after the input screen so it flows through to your Schedule C. If it has not been assigned, TurboTax will give you an error message. 

To edit amounts and assign your 1099-NEC's to a Schedule C, please follow the steps below: 

1. Open your return.
  2. Search for 1099-NEC with the magnifying glass tool at the top of the page.
  3. Click on the Jump to 1099-NEC link at the top of the search results. 
  4. Click Edit next to your 1099-NEC.
  5. Edit amounts if necessary and click Continue
  6. On the page titled Guess what? You can deduct expenses for the example work choose Yes, I have expenses to deduct.
  7. On the page titled Self-employed 1099-NEC Income select the Schedule C you are inputting this income for. If this is a new Schedule C for this year, you can add a new business on this screen.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Star251
Returning Member

ISSUES with 1099-NEC

You are missing my point.  There is a software issue.  Be Aware everyone. I entered it correctly and then the numbers changed.  I have been trying since 1pm CST to get any type of help from TurboTax.  

Star251
Returning Member

ISSUES with 1099-NEC

DO NOT FILE 1099-NEC numbers ON TURBOTAX. The software has a glitch.    I’ve tried since 12:50pmnCST to get technical support. No one want to acknowledge software issue. You are submitting incorrect tax numbers.  TurboTax, please help.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies