turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kaath
Returning Member

Issue with 2017 software

I am stuck on the vehicles section on the 2017 year. It will not accept any numbers or text, but if I try to skip it it says are you sure?  I need to post these amounts, can you help?

Thank you,

Kathy

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Issue with 2017 software

First I would delete that vehicle ... then update the program ... then try that section again. 

How do I update TurboTax CD/Download?

Although you can update over a wireless or dial-up connection, it's best to use a wiredhigh-speed connection to speed things up and minimize the possibility of data corruption.

Select Check for Updates from the Online menu in TurboTax (Windows) or quit and reopen the program (Mac). If new updates are available, you'll get a message to download them.

If you get disconnected while updating, try again and our update will pick up where it left off.

Windows users: Download a manual update if you're having trouble updating from the Online menu.

Related Information:

Kaath
Returning Member

Issue with 2017 software

Thank you for the reply! It will not let me add any vehicle or numbers to delete. I did back out and save, restart the whole comp and check for an update. Nothing, no update and no luck with adding text or numbers or text on that page.

Issue with 2017 software

@Kaath 

1) What computer type?  (MAC or Windows)

2)  Exactly where in the program?

3)  Is it an entirely blank page when you go in?  Or do you get actual boxes/lines available to fill in, but you just  can't make entries in those boxes/lines.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
Kaath
Returning Member

Issue with 2017 software

Windows, car registration fees and the page appears perfect but has a blinking cursor. But it still will not accept any information today.

Issue with 2017 software

@Kaath 

Go to the following FAQ, and try the first troubleshooting link here....where it says "Run TurboTax as an administrator in Windows"  :

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/troubleshoot-blank-screens-missing-buttons-or...

The FAQ is actually for a blank screen situation, but it may solve your issue too.    Even if you installed the software as an administrator, there have been some folks who had to set the "run as administrator" within the Properties box too.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
Kaath
Returning Member

Issue with 2017 software

I tried your suggestion and it did not work. Nothing changed.  I need to mail these today, so being stuck at this part is just crazy!

Issue with 2017 software

@Kaath 

Then, you are left with calling Customer Support to let the phone support folks work with you...but mailing today may be out of the picture:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

( Hope you are working on a file that is resident on your main system hard drive.  )

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies