turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Is turbotax@e.turbotax.intuit.com a legit email address?

Henry Crider 
To:[email address removed]

Sat, Dec 2 at 11:57 AM

I have had you do my taxes in the past; 2 years ago you filled my taxes for an amount that the IRS came back and lowered it a lot.
Last year you filed my taxes and a couple of months later I got a letter from the IRS and said I was eligible for Earned Income Credit and I received an extra $500.00 that I filled out on my own, please give me a reason why I should use your Services. I will assume if I don't get an answer from you that you can't give a good answer to my question! Or my business is not worth your time!

Henry Crider

@criderhenry     Turbo Tax is a self prepared return. They only guarantee the calculations are right based on your entries. They won't know if you entered something wrong or twice or in the wrong place or left something out. It doesn't check against any outside sources. The IRS has copies of all the W2s and 1099s your employer and banks/brokers, etc. sent in to match against. Turbo Tax only checks the calculations of what you entered. It is your responsibility to check it over before you file.

@criderhenry The filter removed the email address you tried to post here for your own protection.  This is a public web site that can be seen by anyone including scammers and would-be identity thieves who would love to contact you and pretend to be from TurboTax.  Never post your personal information in the user forum.

As for the return from a couple of years ago----a LOT of people made mistakes on 2020 and/or 2021 returns and ended up with reduced refunds when the IRS caught mistakes made with the recovery rebate credit on line 30.   People forgot they received stimulus checks and tried to get the money again on their tax returns----a mistake always caught by the IRS resulting in a reduced refund.  Or it could have been a mistake with the advance child tax credit for 2021----lots of mistakes were made with that one, too.   The IRS checked lines 28 and 30 and reduced refunds if you made an incorrect data entry about the amount you already received.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies