Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Is there a way to notify IRS of a Trustee filing a Schedule D for Capital Gains? Should I be concerned at all?

Ok, that makes sense. However, in my case my brother is kind of crazy and has a personality disorder. He hates me for being a better athlete and more popular than him as kids and thinks he was treated differently. He's uneducated and kind of dark and twisted. There is more to it and the circumstances around my parent's passing, but the just of it is my brother is on a mission to set me up in anyway he can to make me look bad. he gaslights and says one thing and does the opposite. it's all this schemes to get me to react and then use it against me to extended family or the community I grew up in. For instance, he said he wants to finish this as soon as he can, but has dragged a 1-2 hour little meeting or time frame until now to do it and used the CA. extension when he was not affected by the storms.

Any logical person that did not want to communicate with someone or hated them would take that time to file and be done with and do accurately to ensure they did have to communicate again. Not him. He drags it out ensures more communication and more drama and tries to invoke a reaction and I'm willing to bet did this wrong on purpose for the same reason. I have so many other examples of similar behavior. He's very cunning, manipulative and dark. So, I have to think a step ahead of him and I'm concerned him filing this way will come back to me in a negative way fro ma tax standpoint so my gut tells me to just straight up be totally open about it to the powers that be. Does that make sense?

Is there a way to notify IRS of a Trustee filing a Schedule D for Capital Gains? Should I be concerned at all?

@PJhiker wrote:

Ok, and then I will ask if they have received his filings and when and if they would notify him of that.

They will not disclose that information to you (privacy laws).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies