Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is there a way to edit lines on a state return and still efile? TurboTax is leaving a line blank on my return and it’s being rejected because of it

I’m trying to efile my taxes, but every time I submit my return the state is rejecting it because of TurboTax leaving the link blank.
When I select to look over the document before I file I can see the line, and I know the number that’s supposed to go there, but I can’t figure out a way to add it myself.

2 of my coworkers are having the exact same problem as well.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Is there a way to edit lines on a state return and still efile? TurboTax is leaving a line blank on my return and it’s being rejected because of it

tell us which state, the form and line number and we may be able to help

or tell you yes it's a bug and you'll have to wait for a Turbotax fix.

any override, direct entry in the form where it's not allowed, will prevent e-filing.

you can always e-file your federal return now and e-file your state later (the fed must be e-filed to e-file state)

State is: Indiana

The form is: IT-40RNR (Reciprocal Nonresident Indiana Individual Income Tax Return) and the line is: 3A

It’s supposed to be Line 1A - Line 2A = Line 3A but it’s not doing the math, so I believe it to just be a bug in the system.
My Line 2A is $0 so I was worried maybe that was tripping it up. So I left it blank, and then I also just tried making it $100 to see if it would carry the number over when I reviewed the document before filing and it’s left blank each time

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

Line 4A of Form IT-40RNR is a calculating line so you are not able to edit it. If you are using CD/Download, you can override the number. 

You will not be able to e-file with any overrides and an override also voids the 100% Accurate Calculation Guarantee.

Have you tried deleting Form IT-40RNR? Sometimes this clears data.

• If you are using CD/Download, click on Forms in the upper right.
  • Click on Form IT-40RNR in the left column
  • In the big window on the right, click Delete Form
  • TurboTax will re-populate the form
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies