turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why does TT keep me sending rejected email notifications after I've already mailed amended return? And how do i determine ststus of original e-file refund amount?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies
PatriciaR

Why does TT keep me sending rejected email notifications after I've already mailed amended return? And how do i determine ststus of original e-file refund amount?

I need to clarify what you are asking so that I can answer properly.  Did your original tax return get accepted when you e-filed?  If it rejected, you would not need to do an amendment, you would correct whatever is wrong and then re-file.  An amendment does have to be mailed, but is not necessary if the original return wasn't accepted.  Please let me know if you need additional assistance.

Aw shoot. Wish i had of known this. Yes  my original return was rejected, not accepted. And TT' s response emails firmly indicated that i needed to file amended return. Furthermore, TT charged me additional funds to correct. So wat do i do now? Just yesterday i got another " rejected" email. When i correct it it says i cant efile
PatriciaR

What message are you receiving that prevents you from e-filing?
PatriciaR

And just to make sure we're on the same page, this is your 2017 tax return, correct?

ACTION NEEDED! Rejected Return.

Dont forget about your rejected return

Action Needed! Rejected Return!
Dont forget about your rejected return

Yes 2017 return.
PatriciaR

Is it possible that you went in and made changes to your original return and then when you couldn't e-file, you printed the return and mailed it in?  What is the Form number in the corner of your tax form?  An amended return is 1040X.

Yes that's exactly wat i did. And it was form 1040x. So now wat do i do? Have i confuzed the IRS gods?

You need to delete the amended return.  How to delete an Amended return in the Online version   <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4170678">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4170678</a>    

Then try to fix your original return.  Why did it reject originally?

Oh you actually mailed the 1040X?

Yea i mailed it 02/26
PatriciaR

Why was your original return rejected when you tried to e-file?

Ok. I followed the instructions to the letter and cancelled amendment. Can i also go to Tools to clear and start over for fed?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies