juntuka1

IRS rejected tax return, credit card payment still pending

I am trying to file a joint return with my wife who deceased during 2019. IRS has now rejected 2018 AGI for spouse twice. The number entered for her AGI is the same as in our joint 2018 tax filing done with on-line turbotax (verified, several times). At this point I am resigned to mail in the return with a check for taxes due. The question is what happens with the 'L@G*US TREAS TAX PYMT' tax charge that sits as pending on my credit card account? How do I get rid of that or will IRS somehow release it after receiving my check?

KatrinaB48

Since your return was rejected then no payment was be sent to the IRS. In this case, it is like you never filed. You can call your credit card company to confirm the charge did not go through.

KatrinaB48

527224

This is the exact situation I am in. My wife died at the end of last year. We have been using Turbo Tax for several years. Now when I go to file it says it is rejected because of my wife’s 2018 AGI doesn’t match. I have triple checked that it is using the correct number.  I also owed money this year and used a credit card to pay it, which is still pending on my card. I am wondering if there is some glitch going on for this type of tax return with a deceased spouse. I have never had any issues e-filing and now I am going to have to mail my tax return in as well.

mikejay

In addition,, What happens to the 3d party processing fee for the Federal rejection of the tax return.  Does this get canceled also? My state return was also rejected so does the Intuit state filing fee get removed too? I have to mail my returns in so just want an answer

Georgiatorres99

I can not get my taxes to go threw