turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRS rejected my spouse AGI though i entered correctly from last years tax return. My wife doesn't earn so i put the agi amount from my tax return.

One change is last year i used my wife ITIN and this year she got SSN and submitted the filling with SSN.  May be IRS is checking their database with SSN?  I have used turbotax for 2016 and 2017. 

any help ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

IRS rejected my spouse AGI though i entered correctly from last years tax return. My wife doesn't earn so i put the agi amount from my tax return.

If you have tried with the correct AGI, try with 0 as well (if you haven't already).  Also, see below for more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5595742

View solution in original post

5 Replies

If you have tried with the correct AGI, try with 0 as well (if you haven't already).  Also, see below for more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5595742

zero AGI worked, but i don't understand if i enter correct AGI as per the previous tax return IRS rejected. but with 0 IRS accepted.
RKARSTENS119
Returning Member

I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE AGI AMOUNT FOR MYSELF AND MY WIFE

RKARSTENS119
Returning Member

NEED TO KNOW HOW TO CHANGE MY AGI AMOUNTS FOR MYSELF AND MY WIFE

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

You will be able to enter your 2018 Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) in the File section of the program.

Entering your 2018 AGI into the 2019 tax program

Please see the following for additional instructions on getting your 2018 Adjusted Gross Income (AGI). 

How to find your 2018 AGI 

@RKARSTENS119

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies