How do I specify on my return that in 2018 I lived at one address, but in 2019 I moved to a new address, and that's where I want IRS mail sent to?

I live in a foreign country and am self-employed. I put my new 2019 address in the Personal Info section. But I put my previous 2018 address on form 2555 (foreign earned income) because that's where I actually lived during the 2018 tax year.

So now I have two different addresses on my return which seems confusing. How do I make it clear that one address is where I actually lived and worked in 2018, and the other address is my new address in 2019 where I want any IRS communication sent to?

In the Personal Info section, there is a place for a mailing address. This is where you want the IRS to send you correspondence. It can be a foreign address. It can be different from where you actually live. The way you did it is fine. Make sure the mailing address in the Personal Info section is correct.

If you have other questions about this, ask in the comment section below.

USI ed Turbo Tax last year and cannot remember my password and the website will not let me change the password; what should I do next?