Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

In the federal review section, I'm asked to edit line 11 of the 1040/1040SR worksheet. I says that 0 (zero) is too large? My line 10 is negative so I can't defer.

Subject: 1040/1040SR worksheet.
Line 11 is 0 (zero) yet the review error comment is: "line 11 is  too large".  I'm expected to enter a smaller (better) number than 0 (zero) ...??  Note: My line 10 is negative so I can't defer and 0 (zero) for line 11 is appropriate.  Could it be expecting a negative number (to match the sign of line 10?) This feels like a coding error related to "COVID related tax relief "and not a pure IRS tax calculation issue.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

In the federal review section, I'm asked to edit line 11 of the 1040/1040SR worksheet. I says that 0 (zero) is too large? My line 10 is negative so I can't defer.

This is the explanation from the worksheet for line 10 leading to an entry for line 11 and then Schedule 3 Line 12e:

"You can defer payment up to the amount on line 10 until 12/31/2021 or
12/31/2022 by reporting the amount on line 10 above (or a smaller amount)
on Schedule 3 line 12e."
My line 10 is a negative number.... and my line 11 is 0 (zero).  I assume that Schedule 3 Line 12e is also 0 (zero).
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Try removing the zero and leaving the field blank. If that does not work please see this information from our Tax Expert @KathrynG3.

@mhm10402005

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks!!  This appears to have worked.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies