Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rick5

My wife filed our taxes via her Turbo Tax account last year, but I would like to file them on my account this year. Can I import our prior year tax info from her account?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MaryEllen

My wife filed our taxes via her Turbo Tax account last year, but I would like to file them on my account this year. Can I import our prior year tax info from her account?

You can use the PDF of last year's return to import into your account. When you start TurboTax, select Other as the way you prepared your return last year. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MaryEllen

You can use the PDF of last year's return to import into your account. When you start TurboTax, select Other as the way you prepared your return last year. 

rick5

Thank you. If I've already passed that prompt, is there a way to go back and import my PDF? Not seeing that option anywhere.
MaryEllen

In Tax Tools, Tools (on the far left) you should see an option to Transfer last year's TurboTax return from your computer
rick5

Thanks again. That worked, I downloaded the .tax2017 file, but I'm having problems importing it. I keep getting error message: The selected file is NOT a previous year tax file or it is corrupted. Choose a different file and try again. I've deleted and redownloaded and keep getting this message. Is there any way to dig into this issue further?

I think you can not transfer a .tax2017 File you downloaded from Online back to Online.  Maybe from a pdf.  Why don't you just use her account?  Or switch to the Desktop program.  You can transfer it into Desktop.  Plus Desktop has many other features and advantages over Online.
 <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="Https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/">Https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/...
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies