Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Import from JPM Chase Causes TurboTax to Crash

When I try to import from JPM Chase for my 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, etc. TurboTax leads me to the Chase website where I login and click share for my accounts. From there, I click share and the website shows the animation of Intuit and Chase sharing information and then it states that it was a success. TurboTax then immediately crashes and does not show the imported data.

If I try to import again, the accounts from Chase already show that they are being shared with Intuit/Turbotax and then it tries to share it again which is successful. After the success screen, TurboTax crashes once again. How do I get TurboTax to update their software so that it will not crash?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Your computer may be caught in a Loop.  Let's clear your history, cookies and cache' then reboot and try again.

Cookies are small files that temporarily store data on your computer. We use them to personalize your experience so you see information you already entered and not items that are irrelevant or repetitive.

On rare occasions, they may make your browser think you already did something that you still need to do. To fix that, you'll need to delete (clear) the cookies from your browser.

Each browser has a slightly different method for deleting cookies. Choose the browser you're using:

Related Information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for your input Cynthiad66.

I have cleared history/cache/cookies for Google Chrome and then restarted. The problem persisted where it would say on Chrome that the link between Chase and TurboTax was a success and then on the TurboTax screen, it would get the loading icon and then TurboTax would crash. (This is exactly what was happening before).

I also tried this import via Microsoft Edge and received the same problem.

Are there any other remedies for this issue?

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

If you're using TurboTax Online, you can import a PDF copy of your 1099 info from your desktop into the program.

Choose 'type it in myself' from the Investment entry page.  Continue and choose 'enter sales section totals'.  You'll enter Total Proceeds and Total Basis (and any adjustment needed).

At the screen 'Now we'll help you upload your 1099-B' and you can 'drag and drop' or Browse for your PDF.

You may still get a 'Needs review' message, but if you open the entry, this should go away.

@KTurtle45 

@KTurtle45 

one other thing to try...is to check for a Windows update....and reboot your computer before trying again, even if no update was apparent.

....Sometimes a partially-installed operating system update will block proper operation of the TTX software.

______

(BUT...it doesn't appear that a PDF import is available with the "desktop" software anyhow.)

For those who can try a PDF upload.....IF you try a PDF import instead...be forewarned to check what loads very, VERY closely...."Edit" whatever gets entered from a PDF...they are prone to some very significant errors  (one person got an $8million entry for a fouled-up PDF upload, that took forever to find and correct).....and boxes that have a zero value in them should normally be left empty on the equivalent TTX form.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

I have uninstalled and reinstalled TurboTax Home and Business 2022 on my computer. I am still getting the error.

I have updated via Windows Update my computer to the most recent updates (Windows 10). I am still getting the error.

Are there any other suggestions from the community on how to continue this? I am using the software on my computer and not the online version.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

For further assistance, please contact support. 
This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent. 
Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time daily.

I have the same issue. When I try to import my info from JP Morgan Chase it either crashes Turbotax 2022, or it says that the import is unsuccessful.  I have cleared the cache. I am using a Macintosh.  I have reinstalled the Turbotax software. I am using the desktop version. 

jcy977,

I was never able to get the import to work. I contacted IT and they were not helpful in the matter.

Also, I always got an "Import was successful" message from my browser so we might have different issues.

The other options I could scrounge up were to uninstall and reinstall Turbotax (I made a copy of the taxes and stuck them in a different slot just to insure the uninstall/reinstall wouldn't delete the file), or use a different web browser to try to do the import.

Spoiler

I was able to resolve it error. I went to Chase's website directly, logged into my account and removed permission for TurboTax to access my Mortgage Account. So I went back to TurboTax and from that desktop software it was only pulling data from my Brokerage Account and Checking Account. The selection of the Mortgage account at Chase screwed up TurboTax - it did not know how to handle it. 

Very bad customer service from TurboTax. They did not know how to resolve this. 

THANK YOU for posting this fix.    I was extremely frustrated by this last year & this year!!!    Your fix worked for me also.   You literally saved me 2 hours of data entry & who knows how many mistakes.

Since TurboTax gives a message that it connected & transferred files from Chase only to immediately crash in the program means that this is a PROGRAMMING error & very bad user testing at Turbotax since they allow import of the different files from the bank & can't differentiate between investment files for investment income purposes & mortgage interest files for deduction purposes.

TURBOTAX:   either add a prompt in the upload dialog box for the income section explicit telling people to only upload from accounts that would have INT or DIV for the income section vs providing the ability to access ALL accounts from the bank in the income section.

I deselected the mortgage files from being shared with TurboTax & all the Chase investment files imported perfectly.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies