Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Import data from Charles Schwab problem.

I don't think the Schwab forms are available yet. They are showing February 14 for me.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Please see this Help Article for information regarding when you will be able to import 1099’s. 

@Augie zolezzi 

@Lucy5455 

Stav1955

Although I had no issue with this last year, I am facing the same issue stated above now (2/17/2023).  Once I successfully login to Schwab and indicate which files to import, the system goes into an infinite loop,  or shows error codes.   

I know that Schwab is aware that I allowing TurboTax access, becasue get an email from them acknowldeging the access each time i re-enter it.

Is there a known resoution for this at this time?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Are you currently using a desktop or online version? @Stav1955 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Hues10

Windows 10 computer here.  A couple of days ago I was having problems with a blank screen pop up when trying to download from Fidelity and Schwab.  Yesterday, it worked without too much of a hassle.  I don’t know why.  I do know I have received an error message a number of times saying I am not connected to the internet and such.  I just patiently hit the try again button and for some reason after two or three tries it works.  I do know that I did turn off any adblockers software when using turbo tax and it wants to go out to a third party screen.  Not much advice, other than to say, it does work with some perseverance.  Good luck all.

018d47

Yesterday 2/18/23 it would not impot, today 2/19/2023 it worked..Try again

Stav1955

I downloaded TurboTax and am running it on my laptop.  Not sure if it is running online or locally.

BUT,  the next day after I offered my concern,  the connection to Schwab was successful and I was able to uplaod my 1099's.   THis was after I cleared by browser history and cache, and restarted my laptop/

Attempted to import my 1099 from Schwab.
The interest imported correctly.

Instead of the short term gain the "Cost Basis" was imported. Not even close to the gain amount.

Getting nervious

have same problem stuck in a do loop.  Turbotax Desktop partner says it has the file.  I go back to turbo tax program and it asked me to login and download it again.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

You may need to check your brokerage to see if they are allowing third-party access. 

it is possible that your brokerage has restricted TurboTax's access to your statements unless you grant consent, and you might need to do something similar to what is described below: 

If you still need further assistance, please reach out to our TurboTax Customer Care team: Contact Us 

@tommoffitt69 

gmkc

I have the same problem.  So frustrating

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@gmkc 

Outside of checking your brokerage to see if they are allowing third-party access, you may also want to check for updates under the Online menu in your desktop program.

Stav1955

The day after i sent that post, i successfully imported by 1099s from Schwab to TT.  Not sure if the relevant servers decided to be friendly that day or the fact that I cleared cache and browsing history before restarting my computer and tried again

But, it did finally work.  Wishing you luck!

I am having same issue, but in my case it ultimately tells me the import was successful and go back to TurboTax and hit Done.  There is no "Done" button on that import screen, and my data is not imported.  I've tried it on 4 different days: no success.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@krugbt 

Can you try the steps provided below to see if that resolves your issue:

• Log completely out of your TurboTax account
  • Clear cache and delete cookies
  • Then log back in and see if you are still having the same issue

You can also try a different web browser to see if that resolves the issue. If this does not resolve your issue, please respond back here and let us know.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies