turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

chasb

My K-1 shows money from dividends, and capital gains. However, after posting in Turbotax, nothing shows on the k-1 line of the Income Summary. Why not?

My K-1 pertains to income from a Charitable Remainder Trust of which I am the beneficiary. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChelsiE2

My K-1 shows money from dividends, and capital gains. However, after posting in Turbotax, nothing shows on the k-1 line of the Income Summary. Why not?

If your Schedule K-1 only shows investment income (i.e. interest, dividends, and/or capital gains) these amounts will be reported on your investment schedules and not as Schedule K-1 income.  

Interest and dividends will be reported on Schedule B.  Capital gains/losses will be reported on Schedule D.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ChelsiE2

If your Schedule K-1 only shows investment income (i.e. interest, dividends, and/or capital gains) these amounts will be reported on your investment schedules and not as Schedule K-1 income.  

Interest and dividends will be reported on Schedule B.  Capital gains/losses will be reported on Schedule D.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies