turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I don't have a schedule HC, just a 1095C. It wont complete my state return until I input schedule HC info which I don't have.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

I don't have a schedule HC, just a 1095C. It wont complete my state return until I input schedule HC info which I don't have.

If you have no 1099-HC, you will have to determine whether your insurance meets MCC requirements. See here for more info:http://www.mass.gov/dor/individuals/taxpayer-help-and-resources/health-care-reform-information/frequ...

Once you have done that, complete the Health Insurance interview as follows:

Enter the insurance company name and your subscriber number, but leave the FID blank. When asked if you received a 1099-HC, answer "No". You may see an error during the state review, which you can ignore. TurboTax may not allow you to e-file, in which case you'll need to print and mail your MA tax return.

Form 1099-HC

• The 1099-HC form is a Massachusetts document which serves as proof of health insurance coverage for MA adult residents.  Every MA resident who has insurance will receive an annual 1099-HC form which is completed and provided by your insurance carrier. 
  • You do not need to file Form 1099-HC.The form is informational and should be used to complete a new Schedule HC form with your MA residential tax form. Schedule HC is now a required tax return attachment for all MA residents.

Ask your insurance carrier to provide you with a 1099-HC; they are required to do so.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies