Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bradss5

How do I change from mail to e-file on TurboTax online? I don't have a file tab anywhere as your instructions state.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

How do I change from mail to e-file on TurboTax online? I don't have a file tab anywhere as your instructions state.

If you have already filed and need to get back into your tax return, you will need to unlock it.  Sign in to your TurboTax account.  You should see a message that says ''Things you can do''.  Choose to Add A State, although you really are not going to add a state.  You do that just to unlock it.  Once it is unlocked, you should see the File menu on the left.  

Go back through the filing process, but this time choose E-file.  

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

File menu is on the left - Which version are you using.  Online, PC or mobile app?

If you are using "Online' software you might have to click on  "Add A state" to get into it again , then the File selection should appear on the left side..

(used to have the full procedure..n w I can't find it)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

If you have already filed and need to get back into your tax return, you will need to unlock it.  Sign in to your TurboTax account.  You should see a message that says ''Things you can do''.  Choose to Add A State, although you really are not going to add a state.  You do that just to unlock it.  Once it is unlocked, you should see the File menu on the left.  

Go back through the filing process, but this time choose E-file.  

Izzabel

heres the problem. I’ve read a lot suggestion on how to switch mail to e-filled and even watched youtube last night. When i tried to do it, on the left section here are the only options i have (Tax home, File an Extension and sign out) Which is basically on youtube they has (May info, Federal, State, Review, File...) I cant find the option that i need. Please help!!!51AAD698-BF2A-42E6-BA23-C109E4AD42AA.jpeg

546E5C66-D91F-434F-951A-93018FC93E04.jpeg

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

On the Tax Home page, scroll down and look for Add a State to unlock the return so that you can change your filing preference.  On the 2nd screenshot you posted, that tax return has not been filed yet, whereas the screenshot of your return shows a return that has already been filed and that is why you are seeing a limited menu.  

@Izzabel

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies