• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a-bbook

If you have a fifth wheel rv and pay seasonal rates/fees(paid annually) at a camp ground are those rates/fees(paid annually) tax deductable?

4 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

If you have a fifth wheel rv and pay seasonal rates/fees(paid annually) at a camp ground are those rates/fees(paid annually) tax deductable?

No. The campground fees would be a personal expense that is not deductible.

Click this to learn more about deducting the mortgage interest expense on second homes.

IRS Publication 936 Home Mortgage Interest Deduction

joewootan
Level 1

I have that same issue but I'm charged yearly lot rent, and the travel trailer qualifies as my 2nd home, is that lot rent deductible ?

Thanks

ToddL99
Expert Alumni

Unfortunately, amounts paid to rent space for an RV are not deductible, even if you live there year-round.

The only deductions available for your home (or second home/RV) are mortgage interest and property taxes. Unless you own the space (the underlying real estate), you don't pay mortgage interest or property taxes. 

joewootan
Level 1

Thanks

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v