Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have to add the name & account number for the transactions I have posted on the schedule D form 1099-B & I can't get to the proper place.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have to add the name & account number for the transactions I have posted on the schedule D form 1099-B & I can't get to the proper place.

If you go back to the "Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other" interview you do have a chance to add that information.  But if you're satisfied that you've entered your trades correctly then there's really no reason to go back and change anything.   That "Broker Name" and "Account Number" are entirely there for your own convenience, such that if you have lots of trades using lots of different brokers and many accounts you can easily go back and find a specific trade.  NOWHERE in the actual income tax return itself is there any mention of the broker or the account.  All the IRS sees is a list of trades, trades that might have been handled by any broker in the nation.

Tom Young

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you go back to the "Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other" interview you do have a chance to add that information.  But if you're satisfied that you've entered your trades correctly then there's really no reason to go back and change anything.   That "Broker Name" and "Account Number" are entirely there for your own convenience, such that if you have lots of trades using lots of different brokers and many accounts you can easily go back and find a specific trade.  NOWHERE in the actual income tax return itself is there any mention of the broker or the account.  All the IRS sees is a list of trades, trades that might have been handled by any broker in the nation.

Tom Young

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies