turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I already paid to file fed and DC state taxes however am now being asked to pay for filing in NC (lived in both states). Is this accurate?

I paid $126.98 on March 15th.  Needed to go back and finish NC taxes.  Received a $71 return, and applied it to 2017 taxes.  Do I still need to pay you all to file?!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I already paid to file fed and DC state taxes however am now being asked to pay for filing in NC (lived in both states). Is this accurate?

IF you didn't pay for the NC part last March, then Yes, you have to pay for the NC software part now too.

Federal Online SE, along with two states at that time would have been ~$150 to $170 at that time.....but state prices have increased since then....so another ~$40 will be due to prep NC now.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

3 Replies

IF you didn't pay for the NC part last March, then Yes, you have to pay for the NC software part now too.

Federal Online SE, along with two states at that time would have been ~$150 to $170 at that time.....but state prices have increased since then....so another ~$40 will be due to prep NC now.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Ok, I'm ready to pay, however want to use my NC return.  I originally submitted it to be used for estimated taxes for 2017, but would like to renege that.  I can't seem to find any way to do that on my account.

You can only use your Federal refund to pay for the state software forms....and then only if you e-file them all together at the same time.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies