emetheny2288

If the tax return for 2019 is ALREADY FILED can I still add my adjusted gross income from 2018, that turbo tax keeps telling me I need to do and that my return isn’t filed completely.

MarilynG1

Yes, you need to add your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)  from 2018 in order to complete your Efile.

Open your return in TurboTax, go to the Print/File section and you will get to the screen asking for your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)

By entering this number from last year's return, it let's the IRS know that it is YOU filing this return.

emetheny2288

I see where on the file/print page you are  referring to. It says be sure to send any returns you plan on printing and mailing no later then the IRS deadline April 15,2020.

Further down the page there is a button to click for AGI and when I click on that it tells me what my AGI is for this year and no other options. Still no option to add in my AGI from 2018. 

MarilynG1

There should be no AGI showing except one that you entered.  It would not show your 2019 AGI .

If you can't delete the entry that is there and re-enter the correct 2018 AGI, you may need to contact Phone Support.

They can login to your computer to help you.

Click the link for Phone Support

If you e-filed and your account says “pending” you cannot add/change anything. If you did not enter 2018’s AGI it will be rejected when the IRS starts to accept/reject on Jan 27 and then you can add it before you re-file.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/where-do-i-correct-my-agi-in-turbotax-online/00/26311

Gerricka

My taxes says they have been accepted. Should I worry about not adding my 2018 agi to my 2019 taxes. Instead of adding my agi,  i added my license number

CatinaT1

If your return has been accepted, you are golden!  No need to worry, the IRS will start processing!