mylissagif

If the business I worked for has been closed down.. How can I receive or request my W2'S?

AndreaC1

If you have the Employer Identification Number (EIN) and Box 1 amount, you can try to see if you can possibly import your W-2

If not, follow the steps below if you are not able to contact that business owner. 

• If you have your last 2017 paystub, get it and call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 (they prefer you want until end of February to call).
  • The IRS will ask you for some info before following up with your employer. Details here Missing Form W-2? IRS Can Help
  • After notifying the IRS, you can either continue waiting for your W-2, or paper-file your return using Form 4852 and your last paystub. Returns including Form 4852 can't be e-filed per IRS regulations. You'll estimate your wages or payments made to you and taxes withheld on Form 4852. See instructions here

Other Helpful Info: