Jacoreybenjamin214

If my taxes didn’t get filed until after the first stimulus checks went through is there a way I can get that payment now?

bluedeb

When you file your 2020 return, you will be asked about receiving the 2019 stimulus check.  If you did not receive your stimulus check, then select We did not get a stimulus check.  Then if you qualify, the stimulus amount will be added to your refund.

After the Other Tax Situations section of the 2020 TurboTax program you will be asked about the stimulus payment received or not received in 2020.

After you asked about the stimulus payment & you qualify,  you will get the Recovery Rebate Credit (stimulus) on the 2020 federal tax return, Form 1040 Line 30.

Intuit Approved!

Yes when you file 2020.  The Stimulus Check is really based on your 2020 return we are filing in 2021.  So any amount you already got will be reconciled on your 2020 return line 30.  If you didn't get a Stimulus Check (and qualify) or you qualify for more it will be added to your 2020 return.  But the good news is if they paid you too much they won't take it back.

When you go through the federal review tab it will ask how much you got if any.  Or to enter your stimulus payment in TurboTax, type "stimulus" (without the quotes) in the Search box, then click the link that says "Jump to stimulus."

bluedeb