turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kbringas1

If i own a corporation with someone else do we both file separately or do one of us have to do it?

I’m currently trying to file for a corporation but want to know if my partner and i can claim it separately with our personal taxes or am i the only one who can do it 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SharonC1

If i own a corporation with someone else do we both file separately or do one of us have to do it?

The corporation will file for itself.  

If it is an S corporation, the S corporation tax return (1120-S) will generate an IRS Schedule K-1 for each shareholder.  The IRS Schedule K-1 will be used to complete the owner's individual tax returns.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Seriously, go to a tax professional!  You don't want to screw up corporate taxes, its worth the money to get it done right, rather than to try and clean up the mess if you do it wrong!
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
SharonC1

The corporation will file for itself.  

If it is an S corporation, the S corporation tax return (1120-S) will generate an IRS Schedule K-1 for each shareholder.  The IRS Schedule K-1 will be used to complete the owner's individual tax returns.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies