jhiggy88

If I made an Uber Driver account but never made money/performed any rides - Do I need to report my 0 income to the IRS?

I made an uber driving account intending to use it as a side gig for extra cash but never ended up using it.  Will I still need to report to the IRS with a Form 1099-K or can I skip this come tax time?

If you don't have income from the business, you don't have to report it.

If you have expenses but no income because you haven't started yet, you can't deduct them, but you may be able to deduct them as "start up costs" in the year you start making money.

Did you get a 1099-K?  If you have no income or expenses you don't have to fill out schedule C for self employment.