brianna-phillips

If I live and work overseas with the military do I list it as a second location that I live?

AnnS7

If you were active duty military stationed overseas, you are not considered to have lived in another state in 2016.

On "Your personal info" screen in TurboTax, for Question 2, you will choose your state of legal residence on your LES and indicate "No", that you did not live in another state during 2016.

• Once in your return, click on Personal Info tab
  • Click blue Edit button to right of your name
  • On Your personal info screen scroll down to Question 2, Tell us the state(s) you lived in
  • Enter your state of legal residence on your LES and click No that you did not live in another state.

Once you've indicated active duty military on your personal info screen, you will have several follow up screens asking questions about your service, including where you were stationed.  

However, the quickest way to update/verify your duty station is on the Personal info summary screen.

• Scroll to bottom of Personal Info summary screen
  • Click Edit to right of Other state income
  • On the Where were you Stationed? screen, click down arrow, scroll down and choose Foreign or U.S. Possession.