• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TGrayer

If I happen to file my federal before the state forms are available will It reject my federal return?

If I happen to file my federal before the state forms are available will It reject my federal return?
4 Replies
DoninGA
Level 15

No.  A federal e-filed tax return is not dependent on a state return being completed or even filed.

VolvoGirl
Level 15

In fact you have to file federal before state.
TGrayer

I know turbo tax offers at an additional fee to file state along with your federal but I didn't want the state to interfere. The forms I need won't be available until the 27th and I at least wanted to transmit my return entirely on the 23rd but I'm guessing I'll be patient and wait until the 23rd.
TGrayer

I mean 27th
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v