mglenesk

If I buy a qualifying used E-car under $25K before January 2023 can a person still get the 30% or $4000 tax credit? Or, does a person have to wait till 2023 to purchase?

The used EV tax credit for up to $4,000 is only for vehicles put into service after 12/31/2023.

See https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/hybrids-evs/electric-vehicles-that-qualify-for-new-ev-tax-credi...

mglenesk

Oh, Wow. So a person has to basically wait till January 1st, 2024 to get the used E-car tax credit. That seems like a long ways off.