jpexpc

If I am married filing jointly and my income is less then $5000 but my spouse is about $25,000 do I need to actually claim mine?

You absolutely do have to include your income on that tax return.  Every W-2 that you received must be reported on your tax return, even if they are for small amounts.  Remember that each one of those W-2’s has your Social Security number on it, and that income was reported to the IRS by the employer.  You do not want to get in trouble with the IRS for under-reporting your income.

ALL of your W-2’s must be entered on the SAME tax return.  After you enter the first one, you click Add Another W-2.

Tiff22adan

So do you need to report wages less than 3500? 

Tiff22adan

If married filing jointly wife made less than 3500 do those wages need to go on tax return? 

VictoriaD75

Yes. All income must be reported on a joint return regardless of the amount.