Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

shalaro1

IDNotify how do I log in?

I have the same issue. Leaving Turbotax because their technical support regarding this is completely incompetent. Turbotx shouldn't offer a 3rd party product where there are interface issues and they can't take ownership and resolve those issues. 

I agree with the other posts: why can't I go to IDNotify and log in from there. I am NOT clicking on a link in what could be a scam email and then entering my credentials.

But when I go to the IDN site, they do not recognize my TTax email address so I can't login or register.

IDN customer service kicks me to TTax where they advise clicking on the link or contacting IDN customer service. 

I like TTax but this add-on is worthless.

FYI:  I've been following this thread b/c I have the exact same issue.  Update, 1 year later and these problems still exist.  Neither Intuit nor Experian have made any progress in 1 year to fix this issue of TurboTax customers who purchased IdNotify service via Max Defend.  Accessing the account is still a nightmare.  TurboTax refers you to Experian IDNotify, and they refer you back to TurboTax.  Huge run-around.

The same with me. It has been almost two years and I was never able to access this as part of the MAX BENEFITS I paid for. I kind of gave up at this point, sad.

FYI, I have been emailing and phoning Intuit and Experian trying to reach a resolution.   From what I've learned, there is a group of Turbotax customers who "lost" their paid IDNotify service for technical reasons unclear to me.  I received the following notification:

Experian and IDnotify benefits reactivation

This alert is for Product Experts.

Following an audit, customers who purchased IDnotify protection through TurboTax were notified that they were not receiving IDnotify benefits beginning April 30, 2021. Experian reactivated affected customer accounts and extended their memberships at no charge through October 31, 2022.

Customers will receive service for items detected during the gap.

Customer action

Customers are encouraged to review alerts they receive from IDnotify and Experian. In the Experian email, customers select the link: https://sso.identitymanagementcenter.com/sp/startSSO.ping?PartnerIdpId=sso:imc:90000108

Experian will provide historical alerts for the period April 30 through September 30, 2021. Customers are encouraged to review these alerts with a critical eye.

If customers have questions about alerts they received, they can call Experian at [phone number removed] for alert reviews and explanations.

TuTaxUser

I was part of that group and received the email from IDNotify, but the link was not working for me.

The link shared by @MSGarrett1 worked for me.

Thank You!

Thanks TuTaxUser!  Glad it worked for you but even within this forum, and certainly not in an email that I don't know for sure is really from Experian, I'm not clicking on a link and entering my credentials.

Just in case anyone from TTax or Experian is following this problem, please follow the most primitive level of security and post instructions for subscribers to follow after going to the official Experian or TTax sites, and not by clicking on an email link.

I received the same email as @MSGarrett1  as well, but became suspicious when the website was glitchy when I followed the link. An intuit help page indicates that an email with links to the "identitymanagementcenter" website looks like a phishing email and not to use those links. See the conversation here:https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/i-just-received-an-email-from-https-sso-identitym...

Unfortunately turbotax help still says that to access IDnotify benefits you should find an email from IDnotify and click the link in that email. See here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/account-management/help/how-do-i-log-into-idnotify/00/26907/messag...

This is alarming. Intuit should not be advising customer to click a link in an email and enter log in information!

doug6

Did anyone resolve the login link issue to get into IDNotify?  I have the same exact problem....bought MAX....they sent me an email with links that dont' work.....and yes...I've tried four (4) different browsers.....so it's not the browser.  Any ideas?  thanks

I've logged on to turbotax but do not see Max or anything referring to max on the first page or anywhere else.

I totally agree with: "This is alarming. Intuit should not be advising customer to click a link in an email and enter log in information!"

This goes against every good internet security practice.  Never click email links.   Always go directly to the website from a secure browser.   Ironically, this advice comes from an identity protection service.   That really should tell you everything you need to know.   Horrible service. 

I also totally agree with : "Just in case anyone from TTax or Experian is following this problem, please follow the most primitive level of security and post instructions for subscribers to follow after going to the official Experian or TTax sites, and not by clicking on an email link."

However,  here is the problem:  Experian sells their service directly,  and contracted with Intuit to sell the service at a discount bundled with TurboTax online and other services.   Part of that contract stipulated Intuit was to maintain the account access,  names, emails  etc for Intuit customers using the Experian service .  Crazy.   But, Experian doesn't have the same control and visibility of members using their service who purchased it through Intuit  vs purchased directly from Experian. 

So my understanding is that the URL isn't the same for Experian customers accessing IDNOTIFY via Intuit.  But no one at either company can give me the **bleep** URL, just this email link.

Adding to the frustration,  Experian will expire your password about every 60 days.  They will not send you an email telling you your password is about to expire.   You discover the problem when your password doesn't work.   Changing password from website is hit or miss.   If you call directly,  they can send you a password change link in an email,  which usually works .  But doing this 6 times a year is ridiculous. 

Bottom line:  if you want to access Experian IDNotify, but you purchased the service through Intuit, you must logon via your Intuit login.  

Only link I know of that works is:  https://sso.identitymanagementcenter.com:443/sp/startSSO.ping?PartnerIdpId=sso:imc:90000108

The link is legit.

How to login to IDNotify.jpgRelationship between TurboTax and Experian.jpg

Another logon method that might work for you is:

1) logged into my TurboTax account,

2) Scrolled down to the * MAX section ("You've unlocked exclusive benefits for total peace of mind"),

3) Clicked the "See all your MAX benefits" dropdown,

4) Under the "Need help restoring your identity?" section I clicked on "Login to your Experian IDnotify account" and it took me to my IDNotify dashboard.

NOTE:  when you first login to TurboTax, you'll likely have to answer a bunch of questions like you're beginning this year's return.  You MUST go through these questions before you can access prior years returns or prior year's purchased MAX benefits.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies