turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What do I do now? I just got a transmission error that said “we are experiencing internet problems beyond our control, we r unable to confirm yur return was received

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
GabiU
Level 15

What do I do now? I just got a transmission error that said “we are experiencing internet problems beyond our control, we r unable to confirm yur return was received

Please include a screenshot so we can help you to our best ability!
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I continued to get the error code a few times following, it suggested that i restart the program and my computer and wait one hour, clearly i didn't leave myself an hour 😮  i did quickly restart computer and upon returning to the program it said E-file was closed for the season, i clicked continue anyhow as well as the transmit return tab...for whatever reason luck have it i was able to get it to go thru the system at 12:18am it was transmitted, an hour later it confirmed as accepted by IRS.  so....not sure what the problem was but it ended good!  thank you!

Thanks for posting back.  For good measure double check the status of your return here
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp">https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efi...>
GabiU
Level 15

I'm happy to hear it went through!! Have a great week & thanks for using AnswerXchange!
striola

I received a similar error message and after hours of frustration, I found the problem was that a required e-file attachment was too large. TT generated the 1 page attachment and I used the "Print to PDF" option. The resulting file was a huge 27MB! I ended up printing the form, scanning it and attaching the new file which was <1MB. The e-file went through immediately.

There is a bug in how TT generated this PDF attachment using the "Print to PDF" option. Regardless, a simple error message "Attachment too large" would have avoided several hours of frustration. Tech support was of no help.

janny52

I would take a photo, use snipping tool, or screen shot the error transmission for your records to prove you made the attempt (include date & time in pic).  Then try to resubmit & if that fails call them or the tax advocate for assistance.
gtknapp
Returning Member

I'm using TTax Premier 2021 CD Windows 10. I receive the internet transmission error referencing Intuit's Electronic Filing Center when I try to file my returns. I've received this error for the past three days even after updating TTax, uninstalling TTax, reinstalling and also rebooting. Nothing works! "Make sure your modem and phones are connected"??? If I was having modem problems I couldn't update TTax. I can update TTax. Any suggestions?

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Please see the help article posted below for assistance with your issue. If this does not help resolve your issue, please comment back here and let us know:

How do I file my return when I see the Transmission Trouble screen?

@gtknapp

gtknapp
Returning Member

Your referenced link in your reply was of no help. I don't have any stock transactions in my returns let alone more than 2000 stock transaction in my returns and I'm not using the online version of TTax.

Here are screen shots of the errors I am receiving with TTax Premier 2021 CD version for Windows 10. What's the solution? Is it with my laptop or is it a problem with the Turbo Tax appliance? Please advise.

TTax 2021 Error (2).pngScreenshot (3).png

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please click here to try the workaround found in this Community Thread posted by larryntt. If that doesn't work for you, please comment back. 

@gtknapp

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies