turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I would like to pay with my tax return. How do I do that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

There are a number of 2020 forms  — including the Form 1040 now that the 2nd stimulus passed — that are still being revised by the IRS and the states.  Click on the REVIEW tab to see what form(s) you are waiting for and when it is estimated to be ready (when operational ….and dates are subject to change) ... 

IRS Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Individual (Personal) Tax Products

·         

State Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Individual (Personal) Tax Products

There is no reason to rush and e-file now.  The IRS is not accepting 2020 returns until February 12, 2021.

You cannot go all the way through the FILE section unless all of your forms are ready.  When you can get to the payment screen, you can make the choice to pay an EXTRA refund processing fee of $39.99 ($44.99 in CA) in order to have the fees deducted from your federal refund IF your refund is enough to cover all the fees plus that extra fee.  You can avoid that hefty extra fee by paying upfront with a credit/debit card.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
DJS
Alumni
Alumni

You have two choices to pay the tax that you owe. You can pay by direct debit from your bank account by providing the account information at the end of the interview sections, or you can pay by mail, and TurboTax will you with a printable voucher you can use to make the payment, together with information on where to send your payment. 

Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.
**If this post is helpful please click on "thumbs up"**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies