momwith6kids

I was self employed until the middle of August with home childcare. Now I'm working at Head Start and no longer self employed. Which form do I pick this year to work on?

TomYoung

If you're using TurboTax you don't "pick" an income tax form, TurboTax uses the income tax return that fits your situation, depending on your input.  Presumably you'll have both self employment income to report - that goes on Schedule C - and you'll have wage income to report - that goes on line 7 of all the "flavors" of Form 1040, (Form 1040EZ, Form 1040A and plain Form 1040).

You need to file a Form 1040 if you're reporting income on Schedule C, (and related expenses), and that generally dictates TurboTax Home & Business, (desktop), or TurboTax Self-employed, (online).  Actually, any of the desktop versions do support Schedule C and Form 1040, but the "Home & Business" version has the most complete "self-employed" interview. 

Tom Young

TomYoung

Tom Young

momwith6kids

Thank you so much!