By following the program interview the form 1040 is automatically populated. You cannot just make direct form entries when using the TT Free program.
You can file with TurboTax Free Edition if you have a simple tax return.*
*A simple tax return is Form 1040 only.
Situations covered in TurboTax Free Edition include:
- W-2 income
- Limited interest and dividend income reported on a 1099-INT or 1099-DIV
- Claiming the standard deduction
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC)
- Child tax credits
- Student Loan Interest deduction
Situations not covered in TurboTax Free Edition include:
- Itemized deductions
- Unemployment income reported on a 1099-G
- Business or 1099-NEC income
- Stock sales
- Rental property income
- Credits, deductions and income reported on schedules 1-3
Or—-Use this IRS site for other ways to file for free. There are 8 free software versions available from the IRS Free File site
If you want to enter directly on the 1040 here are some basic forms…..
Here is the IRS 2021 Form 1040
or if you want bigger type use 1040SR for Seniors,
And 2021 Instructions
2021 Tax and EIC Tables