Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I thought I signed up for the free option, And since I don't have any taxable income, and will not be e-filing, do I really have to pay $94.98?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

I thought I signed up for the free option, And since I don't have any taxable income, and will not be e-filing, do I really have to pay $94.98?

If you are not e-filing or printing the tax return then you owe nothing.  Did you pay the TurboTax account fees with a credit card?

I haven't paid anything yet.   Do I have any options other than the Deluxe version?   I thought there was a lesser version.

Why do you need to file a return?  What income do you have?

If you only get SS it is not taxable and you do not have to file a return.  And there is no benefit in claiming dependents or deductions.   And you can't efile a return with no taxable income.  If you want to file you will have to print and mail it.  Or you can try adding $1 of interest to let you efile.  Make up a fake 1099Int.

Thanks, everyone!

No, if you are not filing a return you will not need to pay anything.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Ah.  I thought I would file by mail.   I want to revive my business this year, and I want to make sure I don't have problems.  

how did you pop up to  the Deluxe from Free if you only have Social Security ? you must have entered something else.

stay away from anything on Schedule 1 through 6 and you will be in Free Filing.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies