turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

MORENOJF

My EIC qualifying stepchild is 17 and when trying to file it says it doesn't due to she is over 17, in your instructions and the 1040 instructions states under 19 yrs

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My EIC qualifying stepchild is 17 and when trying to file it says it doesn't due to she is over 17, in your instructions and the 1040 instructions states under 19 yrs

I think you are misreading what you see. A 17 year old does qualify for the EIC, but a 17 year old does not qualify for the Child Tax Credit which is a completely separate thing.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I think you are misreading what you see. A 17 year old does qualify for the EIC, but a 17 year old does not qualify for the Child Tax Credit which is a completely separate thing.
MORENOJF

thank you! yes I was misreading. thanks again for the explanation
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies