levutax

I spent $1381.80 for parking and transit in 2016. Can you show me where to itemize this amount. Thank you.

Marketstar

Were your parking and transit expenses paid for a job or self employment?
levutax

Yes, these expenses were for work only. Thank you
Marketstar

Thanks for replying, but unfortunately, the IRs does not allow deductions for parking and transit to one's main location of employment.

levutax

Can you explain more? My company offer a pre-tax flexible spending account to pay for Max/bus transit and parking to work. I didn't sign up because I don't like it. My co-workers and myself just pay out-of-pocket and then add in the tax filing. Can you tell the differences? Thank you
Marketstar

I can't think of anything else to tell you other than your committing expenses to your main location of employment are not deductible