Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

levutax

I spent $1381.80 for parking and transit in 2016. Can you show me where to itemize this amount. Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I spent $1381.80 for parking and transit in 2016. Can you show me where to itemize this amount. Thank you.

Were your parking and transit expenses paid for a job or self employment?
levutax

Yes, these expenses were for work only. Thank you

Thanks for replying, but unfortunately, the IRs does not allow deductions for parking and transit to one's main location of employment.

levutax

Can you explain more? My company offer a pre-tax flexible spending account to pay for Max/bus transit and parking to work. I didn't sign up because I don't like it. My co-workers and myself just pay out-of-pocket and then add in the tax filing. Can you tell the differences? Thank you

I can't think of anything else to tell you other than your committing expenses to your main location of employment are not deductible
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies