turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mlucas7
Returning Member

I see you have the new turbotax live option. I am not sure having someone live would be worth it. Are we able to try it out then go back to deluxe?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ErinH
Intuit Alumni

I see you have the new turbotax live option. I am not sure having someone live would be worth it. Are we able to try it out then go back to deluxe?

If you are unsure of whether or not you will use the service it is best to stay with Deluxe and add the Expert Services as a bundle rather than beginning in the TurboTax Live program. That way if you do not use the service you will not be charged. There are two ways you could do this:

1. Complete your return. When you enter the 'Review' section you will be offered the option to have your return reviewed by a CPA or Enrolled Agent. OR

2. If you are still in the process of preparing your return and decide you need assistance you can do the following (I've added screen shots below for guidance):

a. Select Help in the right hand corner

b. Scroll down to the bottom and select the Contact Us button

c. Type a tax related search term into the box (best to use amt or depreciation). Select Continue

d. You will be provided with the option to Talk to an Expert. If you wish to add the service you can select this option. Once you speak with a CPA or Enrolled Agent you will be charged. If you add the service and do not speak to a CPA or Enrolled Agent, you will be able to remove this charge from your account once you are reviewing your order in the File section

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ErinH
Intuit Alumni

If you are unsure of whether or not you will use the service it is best to stay with Deluxe and add the Expert Services as a bundle rather than beginning in the TurboTax Live program. That way if you do not use the service you will not be charged. There are two ways you could do this:

1. Complete your return. When you enter the 'Review' section you will be offered the option to have your return reviewed by a CPA or Enrolled Agent. OR

2. If you are still in the process of preparing your return and decide you need assistance you can do the following (I've added screen shots below for guidance):

a. Select Help in the right hand corner

b. Scroll down to the bottom and select the Contact Us button

c. Type a tax related search term into the box (best to use amt or depreciation). Select Continue

d. You will be provided with the option to Talk to an Expert. If you wish to add the service you can select this option. Once you speak with a CPA or Enrolled Agent you will be charged. If you add the service and do not speak to a CPA or Enrolled Agent, you will be able to remove this charge from your account once you are reviewing your order in the File section

Lesbianbitch
Returning Member

I cannot find no help button

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

If you are not in the Live version, you will see this button on the top right-hand side of your program. 

Live feature

When you click on Live Tax Advice, you will be given the option to upgrade to Live. 

Once you select Upgrade,you will then have the option to contact an expert for assistance with your tax return preparation.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies