jumpandjax4

I received two W2s from my employer. I was a new employee and they hadn't set up state taxes until after I started. Would I report the larger amt of wages, tips etc?

It should all be on one same W2.  What on the other W2?  Just the state info?  If not just state ask your employer to correct them.

If the EIN number is the same and you work in more than 1 state or city, sometimes they will give you another W2 with the extra state information on it and the top part the same or not filled in.  If this is the case, list one W-2 but include both state or local  taxes on it.  It will let you type in more than one line for boxes 15-20.  Don't add the boxes together.  Same for boxes 12 & 14 if there is no room on the first W2 they can give you another W2 with the extra boxes on it.  So list them all on 1 W2.  For box 12 just enter it in the next row or box.  It doesn't have to match the box 12c etc.

You enter your W-2 exactly as it appears.  That is what was reported to the IRS by your employer.  What you enter has to match.  Do not try to do any "fancy footwork" with the amount you think it should have.

Anonymous
Not applicable

don't risk filing an incorrect return.  get clarification from your employer.  but i would agree that if you worked for one employer you should have gotten only one W-2.   

jumpandjax4

Interesting response and assumptions you have made about me @xmasbaby0  Apparently, you were unable to read my post. I was sent 2 - W2s for the same job. Thank you for your time. The next person answered what I need related to taxes and the tax law.