Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received an email from TurboTax offering 20% off my federal tax return. I clicked the "Get discount" link, but I am not seeing it applied anywhere at checkout.

The email specifically says "One click and you're D-O-N-E." I've tried multiple times and have yet to see the discount apply to my cart.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

I received an email from TurboTax offering 20% off my federal tax return. I clicked the "Get discount" link, but I am not seeing it applied anywhere at checkout.

@ekimmell2020 

You may want to check and make sure the coupon didn't expire.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The email states “Get 20% off TurboTax Deluxe, Premier or Self-Employed Online or TurboTax Live Assisted Basic, Deluxe, Premier or Self-Employed Online when you file your federal return between December 1, 2022 and April 18, 2023 (11:59pm PT).”

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

If you have checked the legitimacy of the email and are within the proposed timeframe, please contact our phone support team for further assistance with this concern.

Tewfik

I was eligible to this 20% discount too. Did click on the email link to get the discount but it didn't apply at the time of checkout. I'm disappointed and this will be the last time I use turbotax. 

MagsW

Same! I also have gotten several notifications from the app, but nothing changes after clicking them. It's frustrating!

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

For assistance entering a discount, please follow the instructions in the thread below:

Adding a TurboTax Promo

If you need additional help, please reach out to our TurboTax Customer Care team: Contact Us

@MagsW 

Cody B

I have received the same email from TurboTax. I got it on Apr 7, 2024, and today is Apr 11, 2024. The offer only has a limitation on dates - "...when you file your federal return between December 1, 2023 and April 15, 2024..."

I have discovered that (when using the mobile app) a little temporary flag at the bottom of the screen shows up after clicking on the link in the email, but it does not actually apply the discount (see photo below).

Nothing happens when clicking on the email link using the web browser. I have followed the instructions from a post from last year at this web address (https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/how-do-i-enter-a-discount-code-i-received-via-ema...) from "April 12, 2022 12:48 PM" with no luck.

How do I get that discount actually applied? I know it is only $13, but that money really makes a difference in my life at this time.

TurboTax issue.png

I have to e same coupon. Does. Not. Work. (I sense a class action lawsuit based on the number of posts I see about this everywhere.)

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies