turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received a w2 form from a company ive never worked for and cant get a hold of them since there out of business

who do I contact?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ErinH
Intuit Alumni

I received a w2 form from a company ive never worked for and cant get a hold of them since there out of business

You can request that an IRS representative initiate a Form W-2 complaint. Call the IRS toll free at 800-829-1040 or make an appointment to visit an IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center (TAC). 

BecRan13

Hello I received a W-2 form from a company I never worked for, I tried to call the company but no one answers, I’m sure it’s some kind of scam but I’m just wondering what I should do. 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

If you never worked for the company, I would suggest you contact the IRS directly.

On the link below, scroll down to the section titled What if I receive an email requesting W2 Information.  Although you did not receive an email, you can use this to report the W-2 Form if it is not valid.

W2 Phishing reporting to IRS

Tax scams info for IRS reporting purposes

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies