sarwolf123

I received a w2 form from a company ive never worked for and cant get a hold of them since there out of business

who do I contact?
ErinH

You can request that an IRS representative initiate a Form W-2 complaint. Call the IRS toll free at 800-829-1040 or make an appointment to visit an IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center (TAC). 

BecRan13

Hello I received a W-2 form from a company I never worked for, I tried to call the company but no one answers, I’m sure it’s some kind of scam but I’m just wondering what I should do. 

JotikaT2

If you never worked for the company, I would suggest you contact the IRS directly.

On the link below, scroll down to the section titled What if I receive an email requesting W2 Information.  Although you did not receive an email, you can use this to report the W-2 Form if it is not valid.

W2 Phishing reporting to IRS

Tax scams info for IRS reporting purposes