Solved: I received a letter from the IRS requesting Form 8962 and a copy of Form 1095-A, but I don't have marketplace insurance

I received a letter from the IRS requesting Form 8962 and a copy of Form 1095-A, but I don't have marketplace insurance

I filed my taxes on March 2nd and received a letter from the IRS towards the end of the month requesting I complete a form 8962 and send a copy of a form 1095-A, but I am not insured through the marketplace (I have different healthcare coverage) and only have a 1095-C. What can I do?

As mentioned above, you will need to contact the IRS and/or www.healthcare.gov .  If you received that letter, that means that the IRS shows you as enrolled in a marketplace plan at some point during 2018.   

2018 health coverage & your federal taxes

Contact the IRS using the phone number on the letter you received.  They probably have or received incorrect information on you concerning your health care coverage.

I was for January but I filled that out when I did my taxes

The form was 8965