Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

erigam34

I put in the wrong AGI number from last year..And I finally have the right AGI number..But my taxes is still pending.So how can I fix the problem

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I put in the wrong AGI number from last year..And I finally have the right AGI number..But my taxes is still pending.So how can I fix the problem

Wait until it's no longer pending, and see what the status of your return is at that time.  

You cannot fix it until/unless the return is rejected by the IRS.  For most people, the IRS starts processing returns on January 29.  So sometime after that you should get an email with the acceptance/rejection notice.

Or you can check occasionally by logging into your account.

Or you can use this tool to check:
https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

If it rejects, then you can correct anything and resubmit the efile.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

I put in the wrong AGI number from last year..I have the correct AGI number..I did not e-file yet so will turbo tax allow me to edit before I e-file?

neadeaurob:
Yes, since you have not filed, you can go back and and change anything prior to efiling.
j3ffl89

how to back and change agi

@j3ffl89
If you efiled, and have one of the rejection codes in this FAQ, then follow these instructions:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3866456-e-file-reject-ind-031-04-or-ind-032-04-the-agi-or-self-sel...>

Or if you need to open your return back up, here's how:

Log in and go to "Your Tax Returns & Documents."  Click that line or on the word SHOW to expand that section.
Choose 2017 tax year.
Click on "Add a State."  (you don't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)
Once the return is open, you can go through the screens in the FILE section to change the 2016 AGI.

Wait until it's no longer pending, and see what the status of your return is at that time.  

You cannot fix it until/unless the return is rejected by the IRS.  For most people, the IRS starts processing returns on January 29.  So sometime after that you should get an email with the acceptance/rejection notice.

Or you can check occasionally by logging into your account.

Or you can use this tool to check:
https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

If it rejects, then you can correct anything and resubmit the efile.

g16303d

I am no longer using Turbo Tax..this year filing taxes is bogus, there is no way to view your 2018 taxes to enter 2017 AGI without paying a fee. I would think if you are required to enter this information by the IRS they should at least give you the ability to easily enter this information in order to e-file. I have been filing with them for years, but not anymore.

g16303d
You are posting in an old thread from last year that will not be seen by the bulk of the forum.  And your issue is not the topic of this old thread.  However, I'll provide some info for you below.  Normally it's best to start one's own new thread so it will show up to the whole forum as needing help.

All TurboTax editions, including both free products, allow for efiling, which includes the ability to enter 2017 AGI.   There are several ways to find your 2017 AGI.    If you are in the same account as last year, the 2017 AGI should have transferred into your 2018 return automatically.

Or you can go to the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents", choose 2017, and look for the link called "View 2017 AGI."    

Another place to get it is a free tax return transcript from the IRS.  If you don't qualify for an IRS account there in order to get a download, then you can order one to come by mail, which normally takes 5-10 calendar days, but is likely delayed due to the government shutdown.

FAQ:  How do I find last year’s AGI?
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900840-how-do-i-find-last-year-s-agi">https://ttlc.intuit.com/que...>

However, if you want a copy of your 2017 return, and if it was prepared in Free Edition, free access expired after October 31, 2018.   There is a 19.99 upgrade fee to PLUS in order to unlock it.   But the other 3 methods above to get the AGI are free.  

How to enter the 2017 AGI for efiling:

Sign in and open your return, if you haven't already done so.
    From the menu on the left, select FILE (tap in the upper-left corner to expand the menu on mobile devices). This will put you on the  "Just X more steps and we'll file your returns" screen.
    Go to Step 3 (if needed, revisit Steps 1 and/or 2 to activate Step 3).
    Proceed, and make sure you've selected the option "I want to e-file".
    Continue through the screens, and soon you'll see the place to enter your 2017 AGI.
    Keep going until you come to final screen and click a button "Transmit my returns now."
g16303d

Thank you! I will try again....
Christiecruzxo
Returning Member

Was this ever corrected?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies