Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I purchased the audit coverage and assistance. Turbo tax software calculated my credit uncorrectly for 2017 and 2018 state returns. I owe over 9k now. How am I covered?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I purchased the audit coverage and assistance. Turbo tax software calculated my credit uncorrectly for 2017 and 2018 state returns. I owe over 9k now. How am I covered?

If you purchased Audit Defense for your tax return, call Tax Resources, Inc. at (877)-829-9695, or report your notice on their web site at http://intuit.taxaudit.com/. Do not contact the IRS. Let Tax Resources contact them for you.

This is the membership email you should have gotten:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901569-when-will-i-get-my-audit-defense-membership-kit

Also read the member agreement at this website -https://turbotax.intuit.com/corp/auditdefense.jsp

What is the TurboTax 100% Accurate Calculation Guarantee?

In plain English, if you pay an IRS or state penalty or interest because of a TurboTax calculation error, we'll pay you the penalty and interest.

For complete details, see our Intuit Software End User License Agreement (look about 2/3 of the way down the page, under the heading TurboTax Accurate Calculation Guarantee).

Hal_Al
Level 15

You have two separate issues:  1. dealing with the IRS to correct the error and 2. dealing with TurboTax (TT) to get reimbursed for any penalties and interest (you have to pay the tax).

As previously state, let Tax Resources, Inc. (a third party provider) deal with the IRS.  At some point, you will have to write a check to the IRS.

Tax Resources, Inc may also  be able to help determine if TT did indeed make a mistake. But, don't be surprised to find out it was not a TT mistake, but an input error on your part.  

MrSlim
Returning Member

I did reserve the audit Coverage and she contacted the IRS coverage and she contacted the IRS the audit coverage contacted and said it wasn’t an audit and so when will I receive my income tax

@MrSlim 

You have posted to someone else's thread, so we do not know anything about your situation.  TurboTax does not get any information about your tax return after you file it.  Your ONLY source of information now is the IRS.  It sounds like maybe you had to submit further information or verify your identity, but that is only a guess since you did not really explain.

To call the IRS:IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Hal_Al
Level 15

@MrSlim 

"Audit" is a specific level (high level) of IRS review. If you paid for the Turbotax "Audit Protection", it covers all of the possible IRS reviews and inquiries (except going to court). You should continue to work with Tax Resources Inc to deal with the IRS. Just because it's not technically an "audit" does not mean you will get your original refund. The IRS can still change the amount.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies