Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I purchased the 2019 TurboTax Desktop version on Amazon and but cannot locate the license number to activate it. Any idea where to find it?

I could not locate the 2019 download anywhere on the Intuit website, and was left with no option other than to purchase it online.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I purchased the 2019 TurboTax Desktop version on Amazon and but cannot locate the license number to activate it. Any idea where to find it?

To find your license code:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/i-can-t-find-my-license-code/01/852973

And so you will know--because 2019 is now a "prior year" product that is where you should have looked:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

This answer sucks, does not answer the question!     If you downloaded from Amazon, it didn't contain the licence code *anywhere*     Then turbo tax automatically updated your Amazon download, now you got to scramble to find a code.  What kind of bone-head down at turbo tax came up with this update scheme?   

If you purchased the software from Amazon then Amazon should provide the license code.  Look in your Amazon account at your orders.   2019 CD/download software has a 14 digit code.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Try this.  It might be for 2020 but I bet it works for 2019 too.

One user said......

I was just having this same issue, but I just figured it out. So I thought I'd share in case you are still looking for an answer. Go to Your Account; then Digital Games and Software (under Digital Content and Devices section at the bottom middle); your TurboTax purchase should show there under Downloads and Codes; the license code will be the 16 digit code next ot "Activation Key". Hope this helps!

Yes, I found it!   Thanks.    It was a PITA and it didn't have to be that way if someone down at Turbo Tax was thinking this one though.   

So I went to my past orders on Amazon.

Searched for Turbo Tax

Picked the Right version.

Your Account -> Your Orders -> Order Summary # .......

Right next to that was this little bugger for a banner:  Manager Your Digital Items  and in that there was a  Games and Software Link.   I clicked that.  

It drilled down to the Your Account -> Your Digital Items bread crumb trail.

Then there was a collection of my digital downloads with a  Licence Number: ########   next to the product I needed.  I put that in, and it worked.  

For Turbo Tax:  #1  You should have had a Pow-Wow with Amazon to let them know what sort of headache you were going to Foist on your Customers.   Let them send out notifications where the customers can find these codes.

#2 In your help documents online, there should be a section in BOLD:   "FOR AMAZON CUSTOMERS: " and then direct them to do what I just did above, or a more direct way.  

#3 Before the actual update, WARN the user .... say If we install this update, you will need a licence code.   If you are trying to get something done in the 11th hour, you may wish to delay this update until timings better otherwise you will be aggrivated.

#4 When I called the help line, it seemed like it directed me to some South American Household who picked up the phone and just left it off the hook while dogs barked and babies screemed and they spoke in Spanish 20 feet away.   Like they were just gaming the system collecting money for 'answering' but not giving any actual help.   

The fact that I could come up with this in the last hour shows how weak-sauce your entire product roll out think tank is.   

License Code?    I thought the new commercials were touting FREE-FREE.

Thanks for posting back and letting us know how it worked.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies