turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tjcurry

i purchased premium edition at costco which included federal and 1 state filing. i had to add another state, which I paid for. now that I am ready to efile everything, it is trying to charge me for two states, one which should be free and one that was alr

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

i purchased premium edition at costco which included federal and 1 state filing. i had to add another state, which I paid for. now that I am ready to efile everything, it is trying to charge me for two states, one which should be free and one that was alr

Please clarify your request for assistance. What exactly do you require help with?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mjy_723

I remember going through the same thing back when I started using Turbo Tax. When you buy the deluxe version it comes with one free state download. Just the download. You still have to pay to file it! Say you had to file in 2 States you'd have to buy a second State download. Federal filings up to 5 for free. That's all the IRS allows on one email address.

Did you purchase desktop software with state software included?  They sell Deluxe both with and without state software--so you have to be careful which one you choose.  And even if it does have the state software download included, that is for preparing the state.  There is an extra fee to e-file the state.  You can avoid the $24.99 state e-file fee if you print and mail the state instead of e-filing it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
etta 1

purchased deluxe disk at COSCO with 1 free state down load included. it says "one free state returns" on the box. cannot open state unless I pay $49.95 for my "free" state.

etta 1

deluxe disk program from COSTCO does not give me free state download. Removed Arizona and reinstalled Arizona= no help. if I uninstall Turbo Tax 2019 and reload Turbo Tax 2019 will I lose all my input data. I want to USPS mail my returns. why   Turbo Tax want another $49.95 for my "free" state download?

so it is JUST THE DOWNLOAD.   That is VERY misleading.  I've wasted hours thinking I did something wrong.   

I'm surprised at TURBOTAX. 

I did just look at the new case and it has "Federal E-File [] State Returns".

Been an assumption on my part and we know what assume stands for.

THANKS A MILLION FOR STRAIGHTENING ME OUT

It is now too late to efile the 2019 return no matter what the box might say ... all returns must now be mailed in.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies